rest dot com special

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meeting My Writing Self

So, here we are. Me, myself and I. Meeting at the internal mirror of self-reflection. I have declared it again. That I am a writer, so I am. A Writer. That is writing. Right now.
I stumble into my past now and then, reviewing glimpses of weak writing endeavors. Looking at old, but pristine journals, blank except for the printed lines that should be supporting beautiful words like songbirds on wires. I keep them safe and clean and unused-just in case I have to write something profound.
Only one problem: my self loathing stops the creative flow. Dead in it's tracks. No chance of CPR, organ transplant or a weeping Madonna miracle statue. And fear. That I think is the bigger one.
How many of us fail not because of quitting or coming in second place-which by the way is now called first  place loser. But fail because we never start. Fear of failure, success, ridicule, fame, no fame. I know I have. And it is insane. I know because I read it somewhere-insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
So do we have a new plan? Of course, I am asking my three selves that question, but you are welcome to join us. I am going to be posting many more musings and lore-self lore, not self loathing. Not writer's block-that occurs when I stop listening to the voices in my head.
Do you want to write too? Great! Stop, no, wait... Finish reading my post and then start writing!
Why this personal manifesto? Mainly because I have been set free inside by another writer's words.
Mark David Gerson is a gentle, strong and articulate spirit I discovered on Twitter over a year ago. I was searching tweets about Albuquerque and saw his post citing the Flying Star Cafe. I've been to a few of those-they are wonderful-like Starbucks, but with a full wonderful menu and a library of magazines and other reads. And so it began as a few exchanges of common interst tweets as I discovered his writing and prowess for encouraging others. His book, The Voice of the Muse was the first one I downloaded to my phone via KOBO.com  Great alternative to the other bigger e-book sellers. And Mark David sent me a coupon towards my first purchase. Okay, I was hooked and I bought his other  book: The MoonQuest: a True Fantasy   (which btw, is on it's way to becoming a major motion picture)
Through Mark David's genuine guided meditations, I have embraced that I AM a writer. I have decided to stop talking about being a writer and write. Posting on Twitter and Facebook, I have lamented about wanting to write and Mark David commented that I AM a writer-I had just written something and someone read it. It was a wonderful feeling. You too can believe this-speak it to yourself: I AM a writer...
Personal musings will be appearing here within my lorepages and I have started a new HubPages account that will have book reviews, recommendations and regurgitation; a.k.a. bio feedback.
Writing here, Hubbing and personal journaling has to be my life now. Along with Altered Art-yes I will post pictures when I feel the urge, stories about the loves of my life, looking forward and reflecting my past.
I want to go on and on and on right now and I think that is GOOD! Being open to the creativity and guided by my personal Muse will fill those old, guarded empty journals.
I know in my heart I am off on a grand journey-starting within. And as I write, so I shall read also. fuel the creative fire with papered words for the Voices of other muses.
It has begun.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Wendy. Just keep remembering that as long as you're writing, anything, you're a writer. And just keep letting that awareness fuel you and propel you forward into new creative ventures and adventures.

    A writer writes. Period!

    ReplyDelete